Clark Community Mental Health Center, Inc. is a private, not for Profit Corporation, organized for the purpose of providing mental health and substance abuse services to adults, families, children and youth. The predecessor corporation (Barry-Lawrence County Counseling Services) was incorporated with the Missouri Secretary of State in May, 1971 and received our 501 (c) (3) private not for profit tax exemption in 1971from the Federal Government.
Since 1971, when the Clark Center was certified by the Department of Mental Health as a provider of Clinical Outpatient provider, the organization has been a contracted provider of DMH in good standing.
In 1992, the Clark Center was identified by DMH as the contracted Administrative Agent for Barry, Dade and Lawrence Counties. This simply stated means DMH through contractual agreement expects the Clark Center to be responsible for all citizens in these counties who have problems related to Mental Health and/or Alcohol and Drug Abuse.
For the past 41 years the Clark Center has significantly expanded the menu of services offered to residents of our services area to the point that today, Clark Center has the following menu of services:
- Intake/Screening Services
- Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation - Children & Adult
- Individual and Family Outpatient Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Community Education Classes
- Outpatient Psychiatric Medication Services
- Psychological & Psycho Educational Evaluations
- Intensive In-Home Services (IIS)
- Substance Abuse Treatment - Individual & Group
- Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program (SATOP)
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR)
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
- Health Care Home
- Military Counseling
- Anger Management
- Parenting Classes