Clark Center Strategic Plan Updates
The following excerpts from our current Strategic Plan are being shared to keep you updated on the exciting plans continuously in place to improve our ability to provide quality services to as many as possible.
- The Clark Center will keep well informed of and be prepared for successful implementation of the Excellence in Mental Health Act should it be reasonable to do so. The Excellence in Mental Health Act is a new federally funded initiative created by a bipartisan team in Congress aimed at increasing access to quality mental health services. A time of testing will be initiated by a few states before it is implemented nationwide. Missouri may be one of those states. Clark Center is keeping abreast of this possibility and preparing for any changes which may need to occur.
- The Clark Center is planning to hire a new psychiatrist within the next fiscal year to increase access to psychiatric medication services.
- The Clark Center is currently advertising for additional therapists in an effort to increase timely access to those who are in need of therapy.
- In an attempt to make access to our services easier for our clients, the Clark Center has recently opened an office in Greenfield, Missouri which will ease accessibility to our Dade county clients. We have also purchased a new location in Cassville and construction has begun so that we can offer more services in Barry county. We are in consideration of further expansion as client need indicates necessity.
- Clark Center will seek to strengthen its work force by adding staff in a number of service areas. These positions have been budgeted for and we are currently advertising to fill them.
Check back for future updates – our strategic plan is updated twice yearly.
The Clark Center recently experienced our second CARF accreditation survey. During the survey the CARF survey team examined Clark Center programs, policies and procedures against numerous international standards of practice excellence. Interviews with clients, staff members and other stakeholders were conducted. The survey tells us what we are doing well and ways we might improve. We again received a 3 year accreditation which is the highest level that a behavioral health center can receive. This accreditation will last through June of 2019.
Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week
Children's Mental Health Awareness Week is always the first full week of May. If you wish to be involved in next year's event, contact Savannah Charleston at email@example.com